Saturday, December 16, 2017

Pork Loin sale.

The family is galaventing downtown.  This small town has trolly rides and festivities.

I am listening to Holiday Music, drinking Irish Cream Coffee, and butchering two 1/2 pork loins.
I made 20 pork chops. 2-1/4 lbs of ground pork. 1/2 lb of stir fry meat.   I was out of quart bags , so I cut pork chops, layered them with cereal box liners, and bagged 4 at a time .   The less than perfect slices, I cut into stir fry meat while cutting off anything that didnt seem desireable.   I ground what was left of meat and fat.   I can use it when making meatballs or meatloaf from the 7 percent hamburger.   Meatloaf is better is it has some fat in it.   When cut with extra lean hamburger, a little ground pork would be good.

Seven meals for four divided by 8.58 is 1.23 a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Chicken Cassarole

Ingrdents:  the quantities depend on how many you are serving.   It is meant to go with pasta, but I cooked it without pasta and it was fine...