Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie is a mainstay in our family.    We didnt have it growing up. When my mother was widowed and had health problems. I made her meals for the freezer that she could just heat up while I was batch cooking.   One of them was Chicken Pot Pie.   She called me.  How do you make that?    I think she ate it for months.    LOL 



Chicken Pot Pie : scratch 

  • Cook a chicken breast in the insta pot or poach in the microwave. Cut into small cubes.  
  •  Make a batch of cream soup base.
  •  Add cooked chicken and a cup of frozen mixed vegetables, OR peas and carrots to a  greased baking pan. (9X9).
  •  Top with bisquick biscuits and bake according to directions.   OR top with a pie crust and vent, cook according to the crust directions.   





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Chicken Cassarole

Ingrdents:  the quantities depend on how many you are serving.   It is meant to go with pasta, but I cooked it without pasta and it was fine...