Friday, July 21, 2017

Frugal. Pizza. - a story

No one ever could accuse my mother of not being frugal.  I can remember when I was nine years old we moved into a English Tudor house near Northgate .  The old owners had paianted the living and dining room walls with calcimine the ugliest shade of cartruse one could ever imagine.   We scraped all the calcimine off the walls and she set out to paint the walls rose beige.   She ran out of paint before she ran out of walls.  So, she bought more paint.  Now she had paint left over. So, she painted the bedroom. ....and so it went......

I was reminded of this when I had a little chicken left from last nights chicken bowls.   I also had tomatoes chopped and diced peppers.    There is pizza on the meal plan and the wheels began to turn.

So, the pressure cooker has a new small chicken breast in it.    And, so the story goes.......LOL.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Chicken Cassarole

Ingrdents:  the quantities depend on how many you are serving.   It is meant to go with pasta, but I cooked it without pasta and it was fine...